When it comes to security, certain establishments cannot go for traditional security methods such as bars and grilles because appearance is a key factor in their business.
Laminated glass is an ideal solution for buildings like retail, offices, and education settings where security is required but aesthetic and affordability is at the forefront of decision making.
What Is Laminated Glass?
Laminated Glass is a type of safety glass which holds together when shattered. In the event of being broken or smashed, the glass will hold in place by an interlayer, making it difficult for a thief or vandal to get through. Breaking through laminated glass requires time, effort and noise which most thieves and vandals will try and avoid.
Laminated Glass Benefits
- Does not change building aesthetic.
- Not a hazard when broken as the glass stays together.
- Glass cutters will not work on it.
- Low noise-pollution.
- UV protection.
- Safe and easy to handle.
Laminated Glass Product Gallery
- Laminated glass is suited to retail and commercial buildings - providing strong security protection and is almost indistinguishable from ordinary glass.
- Laminated glass is available in multiple thicknesses.
- Can be used to glaze structures such as balustrades and shelters for use as screening.